Take your mother (Mam, Mum, Mom) on a trip down memory lane by creating a personalized photo and video slide show. It’s easy to do and will be a huge hit with the entire family.
Here’s a few tips and ideas for your Mothers Day Movie
- Search and gather old photos and video clips to include in your mothers day slide show. Dig up old photos from the past, holiday photos or anything you find that would make a great addition to your slide show, you can also add your favourite photos from social networking sites such as Facebook. Why not search online for pictures of shows you used to watch together or places you visited as a child for that extra special touch.
- Import your photos & videos into slide show software to create your show. You’ll want to choose a slide show tool that’s easy to use and gives you the flexibility to output to multiple formats. Windows Movie Maker is programmed into my computer so I have made one from that, but for extra jazz SmileBox is an excellent tool (and my personal fave) for creating slide shows for any occasion! I have used it many times and it is free with the option to upgrade for extra feature.
- You can add descriptions or captions to each photo or write something on it. It’ll make mothers recall those happy days!
Happiness is the best gift
- If you want to get extra clever, you could narrate it and use your own voice to talk through the movie, or add a special poem or perhaps your babies cute little giggle (I have done this before using Movie Maker and it worked a treat!)
- Most slideshow/movie makers have pre installed templates that are ready to just add your images & videos too, you can customise the text too to personalise. take a look at the animated templates that are free to use with smilebox… http://www.smilebox.com/mothers-day-slideshows.html
Also here are a few details from their site…
Smilebox is a simple application for PC or Mac lets you quickly and easily create slideshows, invitations, greetings, collages, scrapbooksand photo albums right on your computer. With more than 1000 customizable templates to choose from, you’ll find inspiration around every corner. With their new iPhone app you can share your moments on the go as well.
And Smilebox gives you more ways to share: Facebook, email, blog, printing at home or to a store, and burning to DVD. Smilebox makes sharing photos with your family and friends easy, unique and memorable.
- Create your slideshow. With most Slide show making apps you can quickly get started by using the built-in wizards. Just click-through the steps to add your photos and any video clips you have, import a soundtrack, add effects and you’re done! Go back and add fun title slides or captions to any photo!
Decide how you’d like to output your slide show. DVD for playing back in the living room, Email for playing back on a laptop or to project during a dinner or event, you may even want to output to YouTube or Facebook so friends and family from far away can enjoy the slide show you’ve put together for Father’s Day.
Never under-estimate the power of a Mothers Day slide show. You’ve created a special keepsake and touching tribute that everyone will love watching. Photos from the past are always fun to look back at. With the addition of a touching favourite song of hers, you’ve got a recipe for success! (just don’t forget to bring the box of tissues – there won’t be a dry eye in the room!)