You can’t make someone happy if you’re not happy yourself. You can’t be happy with someone else if you’re not happy alone.
Domestic bliss is all very lovely, but before you and the man of your dreams make a pledge to go off into the sunset together, there are a lot of good times to be had while you’re a single girl.
Here’s my Single Girls To Do List, a list of things you must DO while you’re footloose and fancy-free.
To Build Your Confidence…
1. Hit the Gym! Burn off some energy and feel good about yourself!
2. Pamper yourself, get a massage or get a makeover
3. Have an adventure: Try Ice Skating, abseiling, water-skiing, or some activity you don’t already know how to do.
4. Get doing some DIY- Build something like a bookcase or put up a shelf for all your new make up.
5. Live Alone.
6. Challenge yourself, Train for (and finish) a huge test like a marathon or study a course and complete it!
8. Visit a foreign country by yourself.
9. Join a dating site, it’s a great way to build confidence. Here are some tips on how to write the perfect profile.
10. Learn to stand up for yourself. Say No to people who expect to much from you, and look after yourself!
11. Go for a meal or a day out alone, be happy in your own company.
To Be Able to Look Back and Say “I Had Fun”…
12. Witness/do something once-in-a-lifetime
13. Revel in being able to watch all the reality TV you want. I’m pretty sure no man will be able to stand as much TOWIE and Geordie Shore as my (girlie) friends.
14. Get drunk during the day, just because you can.
15. Go on a date with someone who actually makes you nervous.
16. Go out with an older man who takes you somewhere nice and treats you like a princess.
17. Go out with a guy who makes you laugh ‘til it hurts.
18. Go on a blind date.
To Get Perspective…
19. Be a good Wingwoman . It’s not always about you.
20. Volunteer or help someone when they need it most.
To Make You Appreciate the Next Guy…
21. Do at least one Valentines Day Alone ( Try the alternative to Valentines day Singles Awareness day)
22. Attend a wedding (or an important event) alone.
23. Date the creeps. You’ll really value the nice guys afterward.
To Make You Feel Sexy and Attractive…
24. Get a haircut or colour, change your style!
26. Invest in a LBD (little black dress) and some sexy stilettos.
27. Sit at a bar by yourself and drink a cocktail. Cool.
29. Buy something frivolous and expensive that you LOVE wearing.
30. Buy a sex toy! Read my post and find out which one is best for you.
To Make Yourself a Better Partner in the Future…
31. Make a list of all your faults.
32. Learn to cook well for yourself to keep healthy and away from to many KFC’s & for your future family(I’m still working on this)
33. Get some hobbies. Something’s gotta keep you occupied—plus it’ll make you seem interesting.
34. Get your finances in order.
To Appreciate Being Single…
35. Babysit someones baby for an hour.
36. Help a friend through her divorce or a bad break-up.
37. Host a girls-only night. I think some coupled-up women forget how much we need each other.
We can’t become what we need to be, whilst remaining what we are.